In this era of social media and mobile marketing promotions, where companies communicate with consumers in new ways every day and the regulatory landscape is evolving nearly as fast, effectively counseling your client means staying abreast of new laws in all 50 states, as well as the federal regulations relating to marketing and advertising, intellectual property and privacy. At this event, industry insiders will provide the tools needed to examine your company's promotional practices and insight on how to apply the laws and regulations in this area, as well as benchmark your practices against those of other companies.
Venable partner Melissa Landau Steinman's session, "Adapting to Changing Government Enforcement Priorities: Complying With New Sweepstakes Legislation and FTC Regulatory Requirements," at 10:35 a.m. on Friday, September 24 will address:
- applying the FTC's Endorsement Guidelines and CAN-SPAM rules to sweepstakes, contests and promotions;
- balancing the company's information storage practices with state data breach notification laws;
- organizing legally compliant sweepstakes when dealing with 50 different state laws;
- discussing recent legislation;
- aligning in-house practices with changing (and at times conflicting) laws; and
- knowing the bonding and registration requirements for each state.
Click here for additional program information and registration.