Venable's Dietary Supplements, Functional Foods and Cosmetics Group will be at ACI's Food & Beverage Marketing & Advertising Conference.
Thursday, March 31 at 9:45am ET
Join Todd Harrison at a presentation on:
Responding to FDA & FTC Enforcement Based on Product Claims.
Mr. Harrison will address:
- How to best defend your product claims when responding to access letters requesting specific evidence on product substantiation
- Responding to public allegations issued in a warning letter
- Minimizing downstream risk exposure and follow-on litigation if a proposed consent order is entered – bargaining for the best terms
Friday, April 1, at 1:45 ET
Join Claudia Lewis-Eng as she moderates a panel on:
New Product Launch: Implementing a Check and Balance System for Coordinating Marketing and Legal Objectives
The panel will focus on:
- Maintaining an open line of communication across departments when screening and developing promotional marketing – regulatory, sensory, marketing, legal
- Working with your marketing team to ensure transparency in product representations
- Avoiding the use of misleading content – how to detect when your marketing team has gone over the line
- Distinguishing “puffery” from promotional content that needs to be substantiated
- Establishing marketing and legal SOPs to select marketing claims that will – or not – be used – who decides and when?
- How to distinguish your product against
- previous versions of the same product
- competitor’s products and claims
- when and how they should be used in your product marketing
- identifying effective means for utilizing comparative advertising for your food product
- Balancing industry guidance with the “letter of the law” when implementing a marketing compliance program
Registration and additional information is available here.