This practical course is developed against a background of the changes to the national financial systems, the failure of significant financial institutions and securitized financing structures, current bankruptcy practice and the applicable law as it exists and continues to develop with unprecedented speed.
Commercial Real Estate Defaults, Workouts, and Reorganizations features discussion and analysis by our panel of experts of the key issues confronting real estate professionals in today’s troubled market, including:
- Negotiation and Documentation of a Workout: Restructuring a Defaulted Conventional Real Estate Loan and a Securitized Real Estate Loan
- Dealing with a Failing Financial Institution and Minimizing the Risk of Becoming an Institution Affiliated Party
- Issues Resulting from Lenders Failing To Follow Proper Foreclosure Procedures
- Applicable Provisions of the Bankruptcy Code, State Statutes, and Case Law
- Tax Issues in Workouts: How To Use Them and Avoid Them
- Using Bankruptcy To Restructure Retail Businesses
- Workouts of Public-Private Deals or those having Government Participation
- Bankruptcy Sales of Multiple Leasehold and Fee Properties
- Negotiation Strategies and Their Impact on the Participants
- Using Receivers in Workouts
- Strategies for Use by Mezzanine and Other Subordinate Lenders
Registration and more information is available on the ALI-ABA website.