As nonprofit organizations are increasingly storing and using personal information about individuals in order to advance their missions, data privacy and security practices can create potential reputational and liability risks. In this Legal Quick Hit, Venable attorneys will focus on the top five privacy and data security issues that nonprofits should be concerned about if they collect personal information from or about donors, members, supporters, customers, employees, or others. The Quick Hit will review key considerations and offer practice pointers for nonprofit counsel related to:
- Maintaining data security
- Preparing for the possibility of a data breach
- Working with vendors and other data-sharing issues
- Handling sensitive data such as health, financial or children’s data
- Drafting and updating privacy policies
Julia A. Tama, Esq., Attorney, Venable LLP, Washington, DC
This event is open to ACC members only. Please visit ACC's website or call 202.293.4103 if interested in membership.