At American Conference Institute's 25th National Advanced Forum on Advertising Law, Roger Colaizzi will participate in the panel, "Battle of the Brands: Resolving Disputes Involving Competitors’ Comparative Claims." Topics include:
- Analyzing the tactics companies have use to confront competitor claims that are potentially false or misleading
- Preparing for the FTC’s increasing focus on burden of proof ◦ who needs to establish causation?
- Analyzing the rise in aggressive campaigns and comparative claims
- How far can comparative ads go in tightly regulated industries?
- dietary supplements
- feminine hygiene products
- Deciding your course of action when you believe a competitor’s claim cannot be substantiated
- NAD proceedings
- litigation under the Lanham Act
- Working with the networks to remove false or misleading television campaigns
- Determining when a referral to federal or state regulators will give you a desired outcome
- Developing internal substantiation standards for often-scrutinized advertising techniques
Visit ACI's website for registration and more information.