Beginning in January 2013, Medicare taxes will apply to investment income for the first time in history. To prepare for this historic change, tax practitioners must fully understand this new 3.8 percent tax and how it will affect their clients. This program will focus on the details of new Section 1411 and show you planning techniques for clients that may reduce the impact of the new tax in certain circumstances.
What You Will Learn
- How new section 1411 will apply beginning in 2013
- How the new tax will impact individuals, trusts, and estates
- What types of investment income will be subject to the new tax
- How the new tax will apply to partners in partnerships and shareholders in S corporations
- Income items that are exempt from the new tax
- Planning ideas for reducing the impact of the new tax