Please see the left column of this page for downloadable materials from the event.
In today’s challenging economy, rapidly evolving advertising landscape, and age of hyper-connectivity, more and more advertisers are looking for that competitive advantage. Companies are turning to cutting edge or comparative claims, native advertising, social and digital media, celebrity endorsements, and other creative channels to engage with consumers, build brand awareness, and drive the bottom line. However, these efforts can just as quickly turn into a legal quagmire, with competitor or class action litigation or regulatory investigations all threatening to undo your hard-earned marketplace success.
Keep abreast with each of these areas as you hear from seasoned litigators and top representatives from key regulatory enforcement bodies, including the National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Come face to face with advertising and marketing executives from NBC Universal and the Direct Marketing Association.
This invitation-only, MCLE-accredited program promises to be a stimulating educational forum to exchange ideas, engage in strategic thinking, and network with regulatory insiders and top advertising law thought leaders.
Complimentary breakfast and lunch will be served. A cocktail reception will immediately follow.
Featured speakers include:
- David C. Vladeck, Professor of Law, Georgetown University and Former Director, Bureau of Consumer Protection, FTC
- Tom Cosgrove, Esq., Director of the Office of Unapproved Drugs and Labeling Compliance, FDA
- Richard Cleland, Esq., Assistant Director, Division of Advertising Practices, FTC
- Laura Brett, Esq., Staff Attorney, National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus
- Ndidi A. Oriji, Esq., Vice President, Advertising Standards, NBC Universal
- Honorable Timothy C. Batten, Sr., United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
8:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m. ET – Program
5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET – Cocktail Reception