Venable partners Po Yi and Melissa L. Steinman will present “Advertising and Marketing on Social Media: Staying Ahead of the Curve” at the 54th annual Media Finance Focus 2014 conference.
Facebook, Twitter and YouTube continue to be all the rage in online media, with new platforms like Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr nipping at their heels as the “next big thing” in social media marketing and e-commerce. Understanding how existing federal, state and even international laws apply in the context of these new technologies—and how the rules adopted by the individual platforms apply to the cutting-edge advertising and promotional campaigns proposed by innovative marketing departments—is crucial to ensuring their success.
During this informative discussion attendees will learn:
- How marketing on social media is regulated, including strategies for making disclosures that will meet the FTC’s standards for “clear and conspicuous” under its “Dot.com Disclosures” guidance released last year;
- Tips for soliciting user generated content on social media and avoiding Intellectual property issues;
- How to run a sweepstakes or contest on social media that complies with federal and tax law AND the social media platforms’ rules;
- Rules and requirements for third party blogger disclosures under the FTC’s endorsements; and
- Testimonials rules and privacy concerns when marketing using social media.
Click for more information and to register for Media Finance Focus 2014.