Update: This event has already occurred. Please click to view this recording on Venable's YouTube channel.
Venable will host a webinar on August 5, 2014 to provide a primer on the SAFETY Act and how it can be used to manage the liabilities of critical infrastructure owners and operators that might arise out of a cyber attack. Join Venable attorneys Dismas Locaria, Brian M. Zimmet, and Jason R. Wool for this informative event, which will cover:
- Background on the SAFETY Act – what it is and what it does;
- How it applies to owners and operators of critical infrastructure;
- The status of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework and its applicability to SAFETY Act coverage for owners and operators of critical infrastructure;
- The process for obtaining SAFETY Act coverage;
- Challenges and potential pitfalls in obtaining SAFETY Act coverage; and
- The benefits of obtaining SAFETY Act coverage, including impacts on insurance premiums.
Dismas Locaria, Partner, Venable LLP
Brian M. Zimmet, Partner, Venable LLP
Jason R. Wool, Associate, Venable LLP