This past spring, the IRS issued final regulations relating to the employer mandate under the Affordable Care Act. If your nonprofit organization has not done so already, it is time to prepare for 2015. These "play-or-pay" rules come with a series of complicated decisions and potential pitfalls for plan sponsors to consider. Please join us and learn how your nonprofit can avoid costly mistakes with proper advance planning.
The following topics will be covered during this program:
- Introduction to the "play-or-pay" rules
- Identifying your nonprofit organization’s full-time employees: deciding whether to use the look-back measurement method or the monthly measurement method
- Determining whether your nonprofit’s employer-offered coverage is "affordable" and sufficient
- Reporting obligations: how to report offers of coverage and employee enrollment to the federal government and your employees
- Interacting with the Exchanges: navigating open enrollment and special enrollment periods
Join our speakers—and come prepared with questions—as they discuss these key issues.
Thora A. Johnson, Esq., Partner, Venable LLP
Christopher E. Condeluci, Esq., Principal, CC Law & Policy