This event has already occurred. Click here to view our presentation materials.
Caryn G. Pass will be the featured presenter on "Avoiding Legal Exposure When Enrolling International Students" at the Virginia Association of Independent Schools.
Schools are educating international students with increasing frequency. While the focus is on attracting and retaining such students, there are a number of legal matters that are ignored. This session will review the potential legal exposure that can be limited by advance planning. Included in this session is the review of the contract with international student placement firms, drafting and enforcement of enrollment contracts, housing, guardianship, and discipline, as well as visa and vacation/break issues.
Participants will learn about:
1. The range of legal issues associated with enrolling international students;
2. The forms and documents needed when enrolling international students;
3. Modifications needed to ensure enforceable enrollment contracts;
4. Issues related to the use of third parties;
5. Procedures for creating safe home stay arrangements
For more information or to register, please visit the VAIS website.