Update: This event has already taken place. Please visit Venable LLP's YouTube channel for more informational videos.
Throughout 2014, our Brand Protection Team has offered complimentary seminars in Venable offices around the country to discuss the unique challenges facing businesses and the executives responsible for an array of intellectual property issues relating to brand and content management in today's commercial environment. We are pleased to invite you to attend our fourth Brand IP Seminar at Venable's Washington, DC office.
Your company's brand, image, content, designs, proprietary know-how and secrets are valuable intellectual property assets. Companies must leverage and protect these assets to succeed in today’s market; and managing these assets requires an active and diligent strategy, as business defamation, counterfeit goods, IP theft, knockoff designs, and pirated content cost companies billions of dollars in lost revenue every year.
Guest panelists William Mansfield, Director of Intellectual Property of ABRO Industries and David McIntyre, Director, Corporate Compliance at Gemmy Industries will join Venable attorneys Roger Colaizzi, Andrew Price and co-moderators Marcella Ballard and Justin Pierce to discuss the following:
- Working with customs to protect your brand;
- Use of Lanham Act/False Advertising litigation to protect brand/market share; and
- Trademarks and brand protection.
Our Brand IP seminar series will help you identify vulnerabilities in your current business model and present innovative solutions that protect your branded goods as well as your company's reputation in the marketplace. We'll discuss day-to-day operational changes you can implement immediately to help strengthen your company's brand protection, as well as present strategies to better leverage and exploit your brand and content.
About Venable's Brand IP Series
Following our events in New York (February), San Francisco (April) and Los Angeles (September), we will present our final seminar of the year at our office in Washington, DC (December). Alongside Venable attorneys, noteworthy guest panelists with in-house brand and IP experience in a range of industries will review successful strategies to maximize brand value and to effectively fight against IP theft, counterfeiting and product diversion around the world. Some of the topics we'll address throughout the seminar series include:
- Developing and implementing a brand protection strategy;
- How counterfeit goods enter the domestic and international markets;
- Best practices in IP licensing;
- Proactively evaluating and addressing IP threats in corporate transactions, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions;
- The challenge of "gray market" goods and how to shut down unauthorized distribution channels;
- Protecting your online content from digital piracy;
- What to do about websites trading on your brand name to sell knockoff products;
- Partnering with government agencies in your brand protection efforts both in the US and abroad;
- Challenges to brand protection presented by new technologies such as 3D printing; and
- Working with your employees to incorporate IP protection strategies into daily business practices.
For more information and to register, please visit Venable's events page.