Stay up-to-date on the ever evolving laws and regulations governing prize promotions. As consumers shift more of their time and attention from traditional forms of media to social and mobile media, marketers are devoting more resources to reaching eyes and ears through new media. While there's nothing new about prize promotions such as sweepstakes and contests, merging such promotions with social and mobile media can be a particularly efficient and effective way of engaging consumers. Conducting a prize promotion through new media can, however, raise a host of - sometimes unanticipated - legal issues. As the regulatory landscape governing social and mobile media continues to evolve, marketers utilizing new media must adapt and be cognizant of potential legal issues. This live webinar will provide an in-depth review of the legal issues relating to conducting a prize promotion through social and/or mobile media.
Background Regarding Laws Governing Prize Promotions
- Lottery Laws
- State Consumer Promotions Laws
- Official Rules for Prize Promotions
- Special Considerations: International Prize Promotions, Prize Promotions Targeting Children; Gaming and Gamification
Conducting Prize Promotions Through Social Media
- Issues Relating to User Generated Content (UGC)
- Special Considerations Relating to Advertising Prize Promotions Through Social Media: Privacy, Can-Spam/Refer-A-Friend, Rewards Programs and Other Issues
Prize Promotions Using Mobile Platforms
- Text Messaging as Part of Entry and/or Winner Selection Processes
- Advertising Prize Promotions Through Mobile Media
Melissa Steinman, Partner, Venable LLP
For more information and to register, please visit the Lorman website.