Venable Partner Claudia A. Lewis will co-present at the American Conference Institute's 3rd Annual Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Cosmetics and Personal Care Products. The Working Group on Cosmetics and Personal Care Products 101: Understanding the Essentials of "Articles Intended for Cleansing, Beautifying, Promoting Attractiveness, or Altering the Appearance" will cover a variety of topics including:
- Understanding the role and authority of FDA in the cosmetics and personal care products market;
- Regulatory classification (is it a cosmetic, a drug or something else?);
- Analyzing how a personal care product comes to market;
- Identifying FDA requirements governing ingredients, including color additives;
- Reviewing FDA versus FTC jurisdiction for advertising and promotion of cosmetics and personal care products;
- Comprehending the marketer’s pre and post market responsibilities; and
- Other "regulators" including retailers, consumers, the states, and CPSC, EPA, and other federal agencies.