Update: This event has already occurred. Please click here to listen to the audio recording. Click here for a copy of the presentation materials.
Susan Golden moderated a panel discussion and Daniel Bernstein presented on "In the Zone: Updates on Mandatory Inclusionary Housing in NYC" on April 4, 2016. Panelists included: Anita Laremont, NYC Department of City Planning General Counsel and Spencer Orkus, Development Director, L+M Development Partners.
Discussion topic included:
- Program topics will also include:
- The effective date of MIH and ZQA and the types of projects that are or are likely to be subject to their requirements
- Affordability options under MIH
- The option of placing MIH affordable units on-site or off-site
- Design and construction requirements under MIH and ZQA
- Exceptions and possible waivers to MIH requirements
- Property tax considerations, particularly in the absence (for now) of the 421-a property tax exemption
- Alternative property tax options and subsidy programs to fund your projects
- A survey of the potential areas that may be subject to rezoning and to MIH requirements