Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to view the webinar. To view all of our recorded webinars, please visit our Venable LLP YouTube channel.
The novel coronavirus has affected nearly every aspect of foreign commerce and the global economy, including the food and transport industries. Join Venable attorneys from our FDA and International Trade practices to discuss the impact of COVID-19 on the food supply chain.
Learn answers to important questions, such as:
- What are the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and others saying about COVID-19 and transmission via foods and food packaging?
- How are food, ingredients, and other imported products being treated at our borders?
- Is the FDA still inspecting foreign food, supplement, and drug manufacturers? What steps is the FDA taking to ensure the quality of foreign products?
- Does the FDA expect food importers to follow through with scheduled onsite audits in foreign countries?
- What is the status of FDA inspections in China and the agency's oversight of imported products from China?
- What is the response from other government agencies, including U.S. Customs and Border Protection, to protect the food supply chain?