Join payments and e-commerce lawyers from Gowling WLG (Canada) and Venable LLP (U.S.) on December 2nd for a one-hour webinar to examine current trends in law enforcement and litigation impacting e-commerce retailers and the payments platforms that support them.
This webinar is designed for companies on either side of the Canada-U.S. border and will provide a framework to understand, compare, and contrast different jurisdictional approaches to advertising, marketing, sales, payment processing, money transmission and more.
Our panelists will discuss:
- The regulators: Who are the financial services and consumer protection regulators that shape risk management efforts in each jurisdiction? What are their current law enforcement priorities?
- Jurisdictional reach: How do U.S. and Canadian regulators enforce their laws against foreign companies? How do cross-border regulators work together? Is there a role for industry self-regulation and can it be effective in a cross-border context?
- Latest cases: Which law enforcement cases over the last year deserve the most attention in each jurisdiction? What key compliance obligations can be derived from the cases?
- Litigation trends: When private plaintiffs take matters into their own hands, what circumstances are likely to generate class actions, and what are the latest litigation trends?
- On the horizon: How might law enforcement and litigation priorities change in 2021? How will these changes impact business, legal, and risk management strategies in e-commerce?