Is your website covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)? The short answer is: possibly. This area of the law continues to evolve, with state-by-state differences based on the type of website. In the meantime, class actions alleging lack of website accessibility are hot. Venable’s lawyers will discuss the legal and practical issues encountered in complying with the ADA and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and responding to litigation.
This webinar will address these and other questions:
- Is your organization's website subject to the ADA?
- What puts your website at risk and how can your organization reduce the risk of litigation?
- If your organization has already settled a website accessibility claim, how do you reduce the risk of a copycat lawsuit?
- How do you ensure compliance in vendor contracts, as part of due diligence reviews, and in vendor management processes?
- What are some common legal defenses if you are sued?
Jean-Paul Cart, Partner, Venable LLP
Nicholas Reiter, Partner, Venable LLP