Join Venable for this session covering the landscape of IP disputes that has changed markedly over the past 10 years. Coupled with the volume of litigated IP disputes and the massive investment in patent litigation, companies have to contend with more IP cases than ever before. Under these conditions, your company is likely to be vulnerable to legal challenges, and that exposure requires immediate war gaming.
Notably, however, the inconsistency and lack of predictability of interpretation of patent laws and the volume of disputes have left companies asking:
- Should we enforce our patents more?
- What steps should we take to prepare for the next wave of litigation?
- Should we lobby Congress and the White House to address these problems with today’s patent litigation environment?
- When does it make sense to file litigation before our adversary files?
- Will the interpretation of applicable laws become clearer in the foreseeable future?
To guide your company through these challenging times, our esteemed panelists and practitioners will provide their views on these topics in this webinar.
Moderator and Speakers
Timothy Carroll, Partner, Venable LLP
Manny Caixeiro, Partner, Venable LLP
Elizabeth Manno, Partner, Venable LLP
Laura Wytsma, Partner, Venable LLP
Margaret Ukwu, Associate, Venable LLP
Steven Cohen, Senior Intellectual Property and Technology Counsel, OpenText Corporation
Pamela Crocker, Chief Patent Counsel and Practice Leader - Intellectual Property & Data Privacy, The Vanguard Group, Inc.
Everitt Long, Director of Legal, ecobee Inc.
Evan McAlpine, Senior Intellectual Property Counsel, Relativity
Elizabeth Patterson, Senior Counsel, Litigation, Starz Inc.