Venable partner Roger Colaizzi will present “Emerging Trends Related to the Use of Surveys in IP Litigation,” a webinar to be hosted by the DC Bar on August 1, 2023.
Consumer surveys are extensively used in IP matters. While attorneys often have a basic understanding of consumer surveys, they may be unaware of emerging trends in the field. This new and informative class will focus on how consumer surveys are typically used in IP matters, as well as emerging trends that can impact the evidentiary weight given to them. Among the topics the panel will discuss are:
- New technologies available for survey administration
- Pros and cons of smartphones as survey tool
- Increasing need for multilingual surveys
- Proliferation of DIY survey panel providers
- Impact of bots, ChatGPT and other AI on consumer surveys
- Impact of websites on likelihood of confusion surveys
- Influence of the booking.com case on genericness surveys
- Conflicting academic literature on dilution surveys
- Impact of the Jack Daniels v Bad Springer case on consumer surveys
- Use of surveys in dark pattern and greenwashing materials
Those who attend will learn about general trends in the field, as well as emerging issues in testing specific legal claims through consumer surveys.
For more information and to register, please click here.