Investigating complaints of workplace harassment can be challenging for even the most seasoned of nonprofit HR professionals. Responding to complaints properly and conducting an effective investigation are essential to minimizing both legal risks and the negative impact on workplace culture. This program will address how to:
- Identify complaints of harassment
- Respond to a complaint of harassment
- Develop a step-by-step plan for conducting an internal investigation
- Determine appropriate corrective actions
- Communicate the investigation’s findings to the complainant and the accused
- Develop a plan for moving forward after the investigation has been concluded
Through an application of real-life examples, the program will discuss best practices, explore common pitfalls, and highlight areas of particular risk to organizations in investigating workplace harassment.