Venable's Blockchain and Digital Currencies Group counsels advisors, entrepreneurs, startups, and established companies in a diverse array of industries on legal and policy issues surrounding the use of blockchain technology. Our lawyers have comprehensive, firsthand experience with implementing blockchain initiatives and advising organizations in the emerging field of cryptocurrency assets.
Clients look to us for counsel on all types of blockchain and digital currency matters, including:
- Company formation
- Intellectual property and brand protection
- Tax and accounting treatment of digital assets
- Policy and regulatory guidance for cryptocurrency entities related to legislative monitoring, government inquiries, and enforcement actions
- Regulatory compliance, including securities, AML, KYC, and money transmitter laws
- Transactions involving digital assets