Our Franchise and Distribution attorneys represent franchisors in a variety of fields, including hotels, restaurants, convenience stores, retail, automotive, and personal services. Our attorneys have hands-on experience with the operating problems of franchise companies, as well as deep expertise in registration and regulatory law.
Compliance with franchise laws often has the highest priority, but a maze of other laws also affects the development of franchise and distribution networks.
Venable has extensive experience in areas of the law beyond franchising and distribution. These include advertising and marketing, construction, real estate, intellectual property, bankruptcy, labor and employment, environmental, finance, estate planning, securities, tax, and others. Our franchise lawyers draw on these strengths in meeting the business goals of clients.
Experience at Every Step: From Franchise Concept to Global Network
- Franchise agreements
- Acquisitions/mergers of franchise systems
- Formation of investor groups
- General counsel to franchisees and franchisors
- Litigation in franchise disputes
- Franchise offering and registration documents
- Private equity transactions
- Sales of multi-unit systems
- Tax advice to franchise systems