Leveraging their deep industry knowledge, Venable’s banking, lending, and finance attorneys advise clients in a broad range of financing transactions, always looking to understand clients’ goals, provide tailored solutions, and secure the best terms possible in every deal.
With work that spans industries, jurisdictions, and markets, our team provides strategic counsel to borrowers and lenders in a variety of cross-border, domestic, secured, and unsecured financing transactions. These include fund finance (subscription lines, net-asset-value facilities, GP, and management company lines of credit), direct lending, syndicated and bilateral working capital facilities, project financings, acquisition and leveraged finance, asset finance, real estate finance, private placements, lease financing, warehouse financings, and debt capital markets transactions, among others. We also offer counsel on public financing where we represent both municipalities and conduit borrowers, and tax incentive financing transactions such as new markets tax credit financing. We have significant experience with distressed credits and workouts.
While we frequently represent major banking institutions, we also work with direct lenders and nontraditional lenders and offer unique strengths in developing innovative financing structures in all of our transactions. We also draw on our extensive network to provide clients with favorable introductions to lenders.
With every engagement, our focus is to gain a deep understanding of our clients’ business and industry, so we can assess their short-term and long-term objectives, and ensure all risks are identified and negotiated. Using this knowledge, we then provide tailored solutions that meet our clients’ specific needs, while helping them to secure the best possible terms and to be smart and efficient with their capital allocation.
Our team has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Syndicated lending
- Asset-based lending
- Structured finance and securitizations
- Letters of credit financings
- Mortgage banking (including commercial and residential repos and other warehouse facilities)
- Real estate finance
- Repurchase agreements
- Fund finance
- Subscription, or capital call lines
- Net asset value, or NAV, facilities
- General partner lines of credit
- Management fee lines of credit
- After-care facilities
- Property pool financings
- Margin loans
- Hedge fund and private equity funds asset-based financings
- We have also worked closely with the funds group when setting up new funds to ensure that the funds’ operating agreements are bankable
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Project finance
- Public Finance
- New markets tax credit financing
- Lease financings
- Out-of-court refinancings
- Sale/leaseback transactions
- Receivables financing and other factoring transactions
- Direct lending
- Swaps and equity forwards