WASHINGTON, DC (September 25, 2019) – Venable LLP is pleased to announce that it received the Hatch-Waxman Impact Case of the Year Award for its work on Novartis Pharmaceuticals et al. v. Breckenridge Pharmaceutical et al. from LMG Life Sciences. Novartis was represented by Venable Fitzpatrick attorneys Christina Schwarz, Nicholas Kallas, Christopher Loh, Susanne Flanders, Jared Stringham, Shannon Clark, and Laura Fishwick.
The firm was also shortlisted for awards in the following categories: Product Liability Firm of the Year and Hatch-Waxman Litigation Firm of the Year – Branded. Alicia Russo was shortlisted for an award for Patent Strategy & Management Attorney of the Year – New York. In addition, the firm received the following recognitions:
- Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation (Branded) – Highly Recommended
- Patent Prosecution – Highly Recommended
- Product Liability & Recall — Highly Recommended
- General Patent Litigation – Recommended
- Patent Strategy & Management - Recommended
The below attorneys were recognized as Life Sciences Stars, which is a recognition awarded to outstanding individuals who have been identified as the preeminent Life Sciences practitioners in the U.S.
- Dom Conde – General Patent Litigation, Patent Strategy & Management, and Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation
- Todd Halpern – Regulatory, FDA: Pharmaceutical
- Steven Kline – General Patent Litigation and Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation
- Stephen Marshall – Non-IP Litigation & Enforcement, Product Liability
- John Murnane – Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation
- Bruce Parker – Non-IP Litigation & Enforcement, Product Liability
- Scott Reed – General Patent Litigation, Patent Strategy & Management, and Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation
- Alicia Russo – Patent Strategy & Management
- Christina Schwarz – Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation
- William Solander – Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation
- Craig Thompson – Non-IP Litigation & Enforcement, Product Liability
- Ha Kung Wong – General Patent Litigation, Patent Strategy & Management, and Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation
The LMG Life Sciences Awards honor firms, individuals, and companies behind the most innovative and challenging Life Sciences work of the past year, as well as those driving the international market. This event is part of the 2019 research cycle for LMG Life Sciences, the definitive guide to leading North American law firms and lawyers specialized in the life sciences industry. LMG's methodology for the firm rankings, stars lists, and awards is based on a weighted system of peer, client, and firm feedback, combined with an independent review of all information obtained including publicly available information.
Venable LLP is an American Lawyer Global 100 law firm headquartered in Washington, DC that serves as primary counsel to a worldwide clientele of large and mid-sized organizations, nonprofits, high-net-worth entrepreneurs, and other individuals. With more than 850 professionals across the country, including California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Virginia, and Washington, DC, the firm strategically advances its clients' objectives in the U.S. and around the globe. Venable advises clients on a broad range of business and regulatory law, legislative affairs, complex litigation, and the full range of intellectual property disciplines. For more information, please visit https://www.venable.com/.