Venable partner Leonard Gordon will join a panel of industry professionals to discuss how to manage consumer protection and privacy concerns that arise from Social Media. The event will be hosted by Westchester Fairfield Association of Corporate Counsel (WESFACCA) and will include a full day program that will address the evolving legal issues related to Social Media.
Topics will include:
- Social Media and Intellectual Property - A distinguished panel of industry authorities will discuss protecting intellectual property in the social media universe;
- Social Media in the Workplace - A panel of experienced lawyers will discuss their real world experience in managing legal risks associated with the use of social media in the workplace;
- Managing Compliance Risks: Privacy, Consumer Protection and Social Media - A panel of enforcers and counselors will discuss how to manage consumer protection and privacy concerns that arise from social media;
- Social Media and Litigation - A panel of seasoned litigators will discuss the use of social media in litigation, including discovery into social media, the potential for social media as a litigation tool and best practices to avoid litigation traps involving social media;
- Ethical Issues on the New Frontier - The panelists will consider issues involving legal ethics that are raised by social media; and
- Balancing the Issues: Social Media for the In-House Generalist - Experienced in-house lawyers will discuss how to manage the many issues raised by social media.
For more information, contact the Westchester/Southern Connecticut Chapter of ACC America (WESFACCA): Telephone - 203.461.9004; Fax - 203.329.0825; E-Mail - Wesfacca@wesfacca.com.