CFPB investigations and enforcement actions require focus at the highest levels of management. It is critical to prepare for enhanced scrutiny and learn how to respond to the CFPB's extensive supervision and enforcement activities. This session will examine lessons learned from recent debt collection enforcement actions, differences in strategies if you are the target versus a third-party recipient of a civil investigative demand (CID), how to address potential parallel FTC and state AG inquiries, and compliance steps to avoid scrutiny all together. Learn from an attorney in the trenches about strategies to minimize challenges, including best practices and tips to achieve a favorable outcome.
Areas covered will also include:
- How to avoid UDAAP claims swallowing the FDCPA, FCRA, EFTA/Reg. E, and other individual consumer protection statutes and regulations;
- Specific, real world examples and suggestions to successfully resolve enforcement disputes (including the elusive "closing letter");
- Tips for avoiding complex e-discovery issues and costs;
- Investigation myths and common misconceptions; and
- Strategic decision points that are essential to successful management of an investigation or enforcement lawsuit.
For more information, please visit the event page.