Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to listen to and view the recorded webinar, click here to view presentation materials from the event, and visit our Venable LLP Nonprofit YouTube channel to listen to and view all of our recorded webinars on nonprofit legal topics.
Join us for a timely discussion on the 2016 federal election and how the results may impact federal nonprofit grantees. The panel will include attorneys from Venable’s government relations, nonprofit, and government grants groups. These experienced practitioners will comment on the upcoming appropriations forecast and likely changes in federal agencies, and provide strategies for nonprofit grantees—and prospective federal grant recipients—as they respond to the changing political environment. Topics will include:
- Predictions on funding priorities in the new Congress and the Trump administration;
- Changes likely to occur within federal agencies;
- How grantees may be able to increase their marketability and pivot existing programs housed in an agency that sees potential decreases in funding to an agency with a likely increase in funding;
- The strategies an organization can take now to mitigate the potential for defunding of existing programs; and
- How organizations can work proactively with federal agency officials to sustain and re-purpose existing funding to meet critical mission needs.
We hope you are able to join us—either in-person or via webinar—for what will most certainly be an interesting forum addressing critical federal funding issues for your nonprofit organization in 2017.
3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. ET - Registration and Networking
3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET - Program/Webinar
Dismas Locaria, Esq., Partner, Government Contracts Practice Group, Venable LLP
Melanie Jones Totman, Esq., Associate, Government Contracts Practice Group, Venable LLP
Kara M. Ward, Esq., Counsel, Legislative and Government Affairs Practice Group, Venable LLP