Please join Venable LLP for a complimentary webinar on the "CFPB's Final Arbitration Agreements Rule" on Tuesday, September 12, 2017. Members of Venable’s Consumer Financial Services Practice will discuss what you and your company need to know about this new rule and how it affects the regulations covering arbitration agreements in contracts for certain core consumer financial products and services. During the webinar, the speakers will share their experiences from the front lines and offer insights into and strategies for complying with these new requirements.
Topics will include:
- An overview of the rule, its scope, requirements, and effective dates
- The path to the rule, including statutory underpinnings, and the CFPB’s rulemaking process
- The CFPB's enforcement tools for the rule
- APA & CRA – Overview and discussion of the various challenges to the rule
- Forecasting – The rule's effect on businesses
- Complaint resolution and how to minimize new risks
- Next steps – Businesses' options moving forward
This session will focus on providers of consumer financial products and services and their service providers, including advertisers, in such markets as student loans, mortgage lending and servicing, auto lending, small-dollar lending, consumer reporting, consumer credit and related services, money transmission and check cashing, prepaid cards, debt collection, and debt relief services.
Participants will have an opportunity to ask questions and will receive a copy of the presentation and other materials following the live event.
Click here to register for the event.