The Payments Law and Regulation Forum took place in Washington, DC on Thursday, June 6, 2019. Hosted by MAC and Venable LLP, this event was perfect for general counsel, heads of government affairs, and regulatory compliance officers. Attendees heard in-depth analysis of government affairs programs in the payments industry, and legal and policy issues impacting your business, presented by speakers from the legal, business, legislative, and law enforcement communities.
Registration 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. ET
Program 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET
Reception to follow.
Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Ellen Berge, Partner, Venable LLP
Welcome to Washington
- The Honorable Bart Stupak, Partner, Venable LLP
Government Relations Programs for Payments Companies
- Josh Raymond, Partner, Venable LLP
Understanding Payment Facilitators and Marketplaces
- Andrew Bigart, Partner, Venable LLP
Lunch and Keynote | Reading the Tea Leaves – What to expect from policymakers in 2019 and beyond
- Jeff Knowles, Partner and Co-chair, Advertising and Marketing, Venable LLP
Data Security and Privacy – How Federal and State Initiatives Impact Payments
- Julia Tama, Partner, Venable LLP
- Ross Nodurft, Senior Director of Cybersecurity Services, Venable LLP
Drafting Contracts to Minimize Risk
- Evan Minsberg, Associate, VenableLLP
Understanding and Mitigating Litigation and Enforcement Risk
- Len Gordon, Partner and Co-chair, Advertising and Marketing, Venable LLP
Area of Focus: Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain – The Future of Payments?
- Ed Wilson, Partner, Venable LLP