Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to view the webinar. To view all of our recorded webinars, please visit our Venable LLP YouTube channel.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) presents many new challenges for employers. Whether instituting a ban on work-related travel, responding to an employee’s request for medical leave, or working through an office closure, employers must communicate carefully with their staff about coronavirus-related issues. Join Venable’s Labor & Employment co-chair, Nicholas Reiter, and Ketchum Inc.’s senior vice president of global issues and crisis management, Andrew Moesel, for a webinar that will address the dos and don’ts of employer communications about the coronavirus.
During the webinar, Nicholas and Andrew will answer common employer questions, such as:
- May an employer require an employee to disclose whether the employee has become ill?
- How should employers keep employees informed about the virus without raising undue alarm?
- May an employer require an employee to stay home from work?
- In the event of a suspected coronavirus case among staff or on premises, what should employers say and when should they communicate?
- Should employers ban international work-related travel?
- What are best communications practices for ensuring business continuity while employees work remotely?
Webinar attendees will have the option of submitting questions online during the webinar or contacting the presenters afterward.