Nick Reiter focuses his practice on labor and employment matters and commercial litigation. He regularly advises and litigates on behalf of clients in the restaurant, hospitality, construction, healthcare, education, and financial services sectors.
Nick's areas of concentration include:
- Representing employers in employment litigation matters in state and federal courts such as claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, constructive discharge, and wage and hour violations.
- Advising and counseling employers regarding their workplace practices and procedures, including employee handbooks, termination and hiring decisions, and disability accommodations.
- Conducting company-wide audits of employee classifications to ensure compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Evaluating non-compete clauses and other restrictive covenants.
- Representing employers in connection with audits and investigations initiated by governmental agencies, including the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and the New York State Department of Labor.
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements and representing employers in other labor union disputes.
- Litigating commercial actions such as breach of contract claims, misappropriation of trade secrets, and unfair competition matters.
- Representing independent schools and other educational institutions in arbitrations, mediations, and lawsuits involving employees, students, and students’ families.