Planning on running a sweepstakes, contest, or UGC (user-generated content) competition this year? Thinking about ways to stay ahead of the latest technology platforms, but not sure of the legal rules and implications? Just trying to keep up? Join Venable for another sweepstakes master class as we explore the latest developments and issues impacting promotional marketing strategies in a rapidly evolving digital world.
Learn what it takes to run a prize promotion that achieves your marketing goals while staying legally compliant in this highly regulated space. In this program, partner Melissa Landau Steinman will provide a framework in which to think about prize promotion concepts, then discuss the latest regulatory and caselaw updates, as well as new platform-specific requirements for online and social media prize promotions. She will also discuss emerging issues and other topics, including:
- Charitable sweepstakes and raffles
- Promotions targeting specific audiences like employees, women, and minorities
- Global sweepstakes across multiple jurisdictions
- Esports gaming contests and sponsorships
- Cryptocurrency and NFT giveaways
Melissa Landau Steinman, Partner, Venable LLP