Venable partner Michael Hecht will address the 27th Annual Conference on Drug and Medical Device Litigation in New York City on December 6, 2022.
The panel will discuss the implications of the proposed amendment to Federal Rule of Evidence 702, Testimony by Experts within forensic science.
Topics will include:
- Analyzing the specifics of the new rule amendments expected to take effect December 1, 2023
- Examining the evolution of the Daubert standard and its application over the years, and why there was a need for a rule change
- How will the Rule 702 amendment actually affect admissibility of expert testimony?
- What should practitioners now focus on when offering expert testimony under the new amendments?
- Analyzing recent decisions in which courts have addressed, referenced or relied upon the new rule
- Practice pointers for relying on the right Rule 702 cases in your arguments now that many of them will no longer be applicable