On July 21, 2011, a new government agency, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) came into existence. During this teleseminar, a panel of two consumer finance experts will discuss the new Bureau and its implication on consumer financial protection. Chaired by Suzanne Garwood, Partner at Venable, this 60-minute audio-only program will examine:
- the CFPB's structure, powers, and enforcement priorities;
- key initiatives, including the "Know Before You Owe" Campaign, and how the Bureau’s priorities foretell its perceptions about disclosures and abusive financial products;
- the New Supervisory Manual, including examination guidelines for Mortgage Servicing likely to be an indicator of the Bureau’s "hot button" issues;
- anticipated collaboration with other government regulators; and
- the Bureau’s Interim Rules and what they suggest about the Bureau’s enforcement and administrative powers.
For more information, please visit ALI-ABA's website.