Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to view the webinar. To view all of our recorded webinars, please visit our Venable LLP YouTube channel.
Members of Venable's Consumer Financial Services Practice review the current state of federal and state consumer financial protection law and policy and outline what you and your company need to know about what’s ahead. The speakers share their experiences from the front lines and offer strategies to help you navigate the evolving legal and regulatory landscape.
- New Congress and president: prospects for reform;
- Rulemaking updates: small dollar loans, debt collection, arbitration, and more;
- Innovation and investment opportunities meet regulation;
- Supervision and examination: lessons learned and preparing for the future;
- Third party service provider oversight and monitoring; and
- Recent CFPB, FTC, and high-profile state developments, and what’s next.
This session focuses on providers of consumer financial products and services and their service providers, including advertisers, in such markets as student loans, mortgage lending and servicing, auto lending, small dollar lending, consumer reporting, consumer credit and related services, money transmission and check cashing, prepaid cards, debt collection, and debt relief services.
Jonathan L. Pompan, Esq., Partner, Venable LLP
Allyson Baker, Esq., Partner, Venable LLP
Andrew Bigart, Esq., Counsel, Venable LLP
Meredith Boylan, Esq., Counsel, Venable LLP
Alexandra Megaris, Esq., Counsel, Venable LLP
Kara Ward, Esq., Counsel, Venable LLP