Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to view the webinar. To view all of our recorded webinars, please visit our Venable LLP YouTube channel.
Join us for a discussion of the COVID-19 guidance that has recently been issued for retirement plans and health and welfare plans.
We will discuss the technical provisions of the latest guidance, but will largely focus on the issues of greatest concern to employers, including:
- Deadline extensions under COBRA and HIPAA
- Claims extensions and appeal deadlines
- Relaxation of delivery standards for notices and disclosures
- Scope of the DOL’s non-enforcement positions
- New model COBRA notices issued by the DOL
- Implementation of the CARES Act optional loan and distribution provisions
- New details about required testing for COVID-19
We will provide updates to topics covered in our most recent webinar concerning employee benefits and COVID-19 (available here), but we will not otherwise revisit the issues discussed there.
Harry Atlas, Partner, Venable LLP
Thora Johnson, Partner, Venable LLP
Juliana Reno, Partner, Venable LLP
Lisa Tavares, Partner, Venable LLP