Every company and organization has copyright issues. They may arise when using software; maintaining a website; doing business online; creating advertising, products, and designs; and publishing newsletters, videos, and other print and electronic materials. Issues also arise when it comes to the use of music, art, and text.
Venable assists clients in acquiring and licensing copyrights, and enforcing and defending those rights. Our attorneys counsel clients on national and international copyright infringement issues, assignments of rights, work-for-hire agreements, ownership disputes, branding issues, licensing and IP audits.
We have decades of litigation experience on the state, federal, and appellate levels, including the U.S. Supreme Court, in copyrights, rights of privacy and publicity, media, and related matters.
- Copyright registration
- Licensing and purchase/sale of copyrighted material
- Litigating copyright disputes
- Reproduction rights
- Resolving infringement issues
- Resolving ownership disputes
- Searching copyright records to determine ownership and protectability
- Work-for-hire agreements, assignments and releases
- Clearance counseling
- Customs recordations
- Infringement issues
- Litigation, U.S. and worldwide
- Technology transfers and corporate transactions
- Trademark prosecution, U.S. and worldwide
- Domain name best practices
- False search-engine placement
- ICANN policies
- Internet auctions of counterfeits
- Keyword issues
- Online threats to brands
- Recouping misappropriated names