Mr. Feinberg is a litigator with expertise in a broad range of cases, including construction damage, consumer protection, environmental, cyber-security, insurance coverage, and business disputes.
He has been selected as a "Rising Star" by Washington DC Super Lawyers for Business Litigation in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
He began his career as a trial court clerk and litigates cases with an eye to taking them to trial.
His construction experience includes drafting and negotiating easement and other types of agreements relating to neighboring construction work, and handling construction damage claims relating to those agreements. His past victories include litigating and obtaining for clients multi-million-dollar settlements that include recovery of a substantial portion of the client’s attorney’s fees.
His consumer protection experience includes defending some of the nation’s largest and most important companies from government investigations and litigation regarding alleged consumer harm or alleged deficiencies in cyber-security.
His environmental experience includes defending some of the most prominent environmental matters in recent history, including high-stakes citizen suits, multi-district litigation, and corporations and individuals who are subjects of administrative enforcement actions.
He also handles a wide range of business disputes and business issues, including obtaining insurance coverage for them and perfecting their insurance claims.
He also assists his clients by conducting internal investigations and responding to congressional and other types of investigations.
His significant matters include the following:
- Obtaining multi-million-dollar settlements, which include a substantial portion of attorney’s fees for clients in the metropolitan Washington, DC area whose properties were harmed by neighboring construction.
- Obtaining a $3.93 million judgment for payment of attorney’s fees arising from construction defect litigation.
- Successfully defending Fortune-listed companies from FTC and CFPB investigations and litigation, including persuading the agency not to take enforcement action in the first place.
- Defending one of the leading agribusiness companies in a high-stakes Clean Water Act citizen suit.
- Defending a leading manufacturer of farm equipment against allegations of environmental violations.
- Representing a party in a polar bear Endangered Species Act multi-district litigation.
- Conducting an internal investigation of allegations of environmental violations and cover-up by a Fortune 100 company.
As a third-year law student at the University of Virginia, he worked for the Commonwealth Attorney's Office in Charlottesville and tried numerous trials to successful conclusions.
Mr. Feinberg has been actively involved in the firm’s recruiting efforts and is a past coordinator of the firm’s summer associate program.
He maintains a vigorous pro bono practice, and in 2011 was named a Benjamin R. Civiletti Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year.
He is an avid CrossFitter and regularly competes as a masters-level athlete in the CrossFit Open and other CrossFit competitions.