Robert Bolger co-chairs both Venable's Corporate Practice Group and Hospitality Initiative. He represents clients in a wide range of business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, private placements, joint ventures, liquidations and sales. He has significant experience in providing tax and business planning advice to clients in the hospitality, direct response marketing and advertising, and technology (including Internet and telecommunications) industries. He provides advice on all aspects of formation and capitalization to both start-ups and established companies.
Mr. Bolger has negotiated and brought to closing numerous business transactions for clients with worldwide interests, with an emphasis in representing clients in the advertising, entertainment services, and hospitality industries.
Recent transactions include:
- Representation of Guthy-Renker LLC in the 2016 sale of a majority interest of its worldwide Proactiv business, the world's leading non prescription acne brand, to Nestlé Skin Health
- Representation of a major hospitality company in negotiating numerous commercial agreements related to e-commerce and online booking systems
- Representation of one of the world’s largest direct response marketing companies in all corporate and business transactions matters
- Representation of one of the entertainment industry’s leading audio/visual services companies
- Representation of various emerging growth companies and venture capital firms in start-up and follow-on financing
- Representation of a worldwide hospitality corporation, which made a significant investment in a company that acquired one of the largest time-share resort service companies in the world
- Sale of a solar energy sales and marketing company to a publicly traded solar energy company
- Various acquisitions, investments, and joint ventures (both domestic and international) involving marketing and advertising companies
- Representation of an international communication services company in various acquisition and business transactions
Mr. Bolger serves on the Board of Living Classrooms of the National Capital Region. He serves on the 2016 ALIS (Americas Lodging Investment Summit) Law Program Planning Committee.