Paving the entrepreneur's road to success with a solid legal foundation
The road from idea to market requires more than money, management, and vision. Technology companies also need a solid team of lawyers who can build value, avoid hazards, and help entrepreneurs move quickly in implementing their business plans.
Venable offers emerging technology companies just such a team, well-versed in representing entrepreneurs through all stages of their operations—from structuring, to financing, IP asset protection, and the creation of an exit strategy.
Introducing Venable Venture Services: Legal Counsel for Emerging Technology Businesses
Venable Venture Services (VVS) provides a select group of emerging technology clients with timely, integrated legal services that provide a solid foundation for success. Participants in the VVS program receive a comprehensive suite of legal services, including:
- corporate structure and tax advice;
- financing (private and public);
- patent prosecution and counseling;
- trademark protection;
- IP transactions and collaborative agreements;
- employment relations and benefits; and
- regulatory and other specialized assistance.
The VVS program helps clients navigate toward their strategic goals, whether financing, market revenues or exit via acquisition or IPO. With a modest fixed-fee arrangement, Venable streamlines the tasks of setting up the right corporate structure to attract key employees and investors, building strong patent and trademark portfolios, establishing a branded corporate identity, achieving proof of technical merit and entering into effective collaborative relationships.
WHO should participate in the VVS program?
Participants are early stage, high growth, technology-driven companies in the life sciences, IT, green tech, nanotech or homeland security sectors, with experienced management, accomplished scientists/engineers and funding sufficient to pay a modest retainer.
WHY participate in the VVS program?
- Attorneys recognized as leaders in disciplines relevant to emerging technology companies
- Dedicated to serving entrepreneurs' needs
- Boutique experience in a general practice firm
- Full suite of legal services under one roof
- Complements existing incubator programs
- Lean predictable monthly fixed fee, with success fees tied to business milestones
- No equity stake involved
- Participation in seminars and presentations keyed to emerging technology companies
- Toolkits containing client guidance documents and forms
WHERE is the VVS program offered?
The VVS program is open to emerging technology companies based anywhere in the United States.
HOW does the VVS program work?
Candidate companies are referred from investors, incubator programs or universities, or obtain an application directly from
. Candidates submit a business plan, resumes, financial statements and references. Selected companies are offered a one-year renewable engagement in the VVS program as Venable clients.
WHAT does it cost?
Participants pay a modest monthly retainer that represents a significant discount on Venable's standard hourly rates. Additional fees apply based on successful venture financing or liquidity events.
For more information, please contact us at