Update: This event has already occurred. Please click above to view the webinar. To view all of our recorded webinars, please visit our Venable LLP YouTube channel.
Members of Venable's Consumer Financial Services Practice Group will address the latest on the evolving legal and regulatory landscape, and ways to manage key compliance risks, related to the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.
As the consumer financial services sector is adapting and responding to the needs of consumers, meeting technological and operational requirements, and adhering to legal and compliance requirements, companies should be aware of how federal and state regulatory agencies are continuing, and, in some cases, adapting their policy agendas, supervisory and examination programs, and enforcement focus, and; how to avoid unfair, deceptive, and abusive practices or fail to adhere to new requirements that could increase legal risk.
- Federal Response to COVID-19 (Update on Stimulus and More)
- Federal and State Regulatory Agency Policy and Rulemaking Update
- Mitigation Measures for Lending, Mortgage, Debt Collection
- State Supervision and Examinations, and Licensing COVID-19 Implications
- Enforcement Priorities During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Federal and State Regulatory Guidance on Working Remotely for Consumer Financial Services Providers
- FinTech and RegTech Opportunities and Challenges
- Quick Hits on Electronic Signatures and Steps to Take to Minimize New Compliance Risks
- Venable COVID-19 Resources
Get the latest on developments from Congress and the White House, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, federal banking agencies, and state financial services regulators and attorneys general.
Jonathan L. Pompan, Partner, Venable LLP
Allyson B. Baker, Partner, Venable LLP
Laura R. Biddle, Partner, Venable LLP
Andrew E. Bigart , Partner, Venable LLP
Joshua H. Raymond, Partner, Venable LLP
Gerald S. Sachs, Partner, Venable LLP