With a deep bench, a collaborative approach, and long-standing relationships with some of the most respected players in the industry, Venable's Construction Law Group can assemble elite teams to handle virtually any construction-related claim, while addressing our clients' business needs and goals.
Recognizing that claim avoidance strategies and the timely resolution of disputes are crucial to ensuring that a project is not unduly disrupted, our attorneys represent virtually every type of construction industry client – owners, design professionals, contractors, and subcontractors - in multifaceted, complex construction disputes across many jurisdictions. These include claims related to:
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Architectural copyright and other intellectual property
- Bid protests
- Breach of contract for performance
- Complex construction insurance coverage
- Construction or design defect
- Delay, disruption, or loss of efficiency
- Green and sustainable buildings
- Mechanic’s liens
- Payment and performance bonds
- Public and governmental works projects
- Residential and commercial disputes
- Scope of work, and/ or payment and
With the knowledge that the best resolution of a dispute is not always to be found in a courtroom, we believe that gaining a thorough understanding of the problem will lead to the best forum for its resolution. To this end, our attorneys routinely explore alternatives to litigation, such as mediation or arbitration and other available dispute resolution avenues. Committed to protecting clients’ interests, we will work with you from the implementation of a dispute/litigation strategy all the way to the close of the dispute.