Jessie Beeber is a partner in Venable’s Commercial Litigation and Intellectual Property Groups. Over her 18 year career, she has litigated many high-profile intellectual property disputes, including those involving false advertising, trademark, copyright and right of publicity issues. Ms. Beeber has secured victories for leading brands, publishers, financial institutions, private equity firms and their insurers.
Accomplished in every aspect of federal and state court litigation, mediation and arbitration, Ms. Beeber has also handled financial, corporate and insurance coverage and liability cases nationwide.
- Represented J.K. Rowling and Scholastic against claims of trademark and copyright infringement stemming from the Harry Potter books;
- Represented Clorox (Fresh Step Litter) in prominent comparative advertising dispute;
- Defended The Pep Boys in false advertising class action;
- Represented John Wiley & Sons in series of copyright infringement suits brought by photographers;
- Represented artist Allen Hirsch in property damage trial;
- Represented Tribeca Film Festival in large-scale trademark infringement suit against an infringer;
- Represented The Gatorade Company in litigation and NAD proceedings regarding comparative advertising claims;
- Represented Samsung Electronics America, Inc. in network challenges over consumer electronics products;
- Represented Employers Reinsurance Company in dispute with MP3.com regarding coverage for copyright infringement claims;
- Represented Margaret Mitchell Estate in controversial copyright case against author and publisher of The Wind Done Gone, a parody of Gone With the Wind;
- Represented author and publisher of 60 Years Later: Coming Through the Rye against copyright infringement claim brought by J.D. Salinger;
- Representing Suffolk Federal Credit Union in a significant insurance coverage claim against its fidelity insurer; and
- Representing lenders and investors in connection with repurchase demands made by mortgage-backed securities issuers, underwriters and monoline insurers.
Ms. Beeber is Vice-Chair of the Private Advertising Litigation Committee of the American Bar Association Antitrust Section.