Allison’s practice encompasses:
- Providing guidance on key federal environmental statutes, including the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), and the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA)
- Regulatory advocacy in the context of existing environmental regulations and ongoing rulemaking activity by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) rulemakings of critical importance to the utility and manufacturing industries, including in connection with chemical risk assessment and management, use and disposal of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), site remediation, and chemical facility security
- Counseling manufacturers and retailers on consumer product labeling and warning requirements arising under FIFRA and California’s Proposition 65 (Prop 65), and advocacy in connection with similar environmental and chemical legislation
- Advising lenders and developers on environmental liability management strategies and insurance considerations associated with the transfer and redevelopment of brownfields, Superfund sites, and other industrial, commercial, and residential properties
- Representing trade associations in actions challenging and defending final agency rules
Allison currently serves on the Venable Foundation Grants Committee, and is actively involved with the firm's recruiting efforts. She formerly served as coordinator of Venable's summer associate program.